Thursday 30 August 2012

The Most Chocolaty Cheesecake

Hi Guys

It was the boys birthday on Monday and as is tradition I made him a cake. I like baking or at least attempting to as I think its much more personal even if it does end you costing me more then actually buying one.

This year the boy who isn't on the same wave length as me usually when it comes to cake asked for a chocolate cheese cake, so I was more then happy to oblige.  

I got the recipe from the BBC website and is from Gina Brooks as a White and Milk Chocolate Cheesecake but I changed it just to use milk chocolate. Here's the link to the original recipe.

Warning: This Cheese Cake is ridiculously chocolatey!!

This is what you need 
12 Chocolate Digestive Biscuits 
50g of Butter
1 tbsp Honey
500g of Mascarpone cheese
1 tbsp of icing sugar
300g of Milk Chocolate
Extra Chocolate for topping


Step One: Brake the biscuits into small crumbs, the best way to do this is to but them into a zip lock bag and bash them with a rolling pin.


Only 12 Biscuits!
Step Two: Melt the butter, I did it in the microwave being careful not to burn it. Add it to the biscuit crumbs with the Honey and mix well. 

Calorie Counting 
Step Three: Place the biscuit mixture into a round 7in chefs tin pressing down with the back of a spoon to make sure its firm. Place in fridge for a good half an hour. 

Step Four:  Melt the chocolate in the usual way with a glass bowl over boiling water being careful not to let the glass touch the water.

Lick The Spoon
Step Five: Add the melted chocolate to a mixing bowl with the Mascarpone cheese and Icing Sugar mixing well until the mixture becomes creamy smooth. I'm not going to lie to you I got the boy to mix this for me as god it was hard work so be prepared to use them muscles. 


Heaven
Step Six: Add the chocolate mixture to the biscuit base covering well and evenly. For the extra chocolate for the top I used a vegetable peeler to add in curls all over. Next put back in the fridge for a good few hours.  


Ta Dah
Step Seven: Serve and enjoy! Add a little ice cream on the side and if your feeling very chocolatey a little bit of sauce. 

Please let me know if you try my version of this recipe and what you think as even I struggled with how chocolatey it is.

Thanks for reading



12 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love cheesecake and they're so easy to make but I'm the only person in my house who likes them so if I make one it goes to wast (or I, er, have to eat it all!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd make one and just eat it all myself haha we where eating this for three days yum xxx

      Delete
  2. i have so much love for chocolate + cheesecake, need to try this out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if u do I was a little sceptical with it being so easy but it was amazing xxx

      Delete
  3. Mmmm this looks/sounds amazing! Might try this for my boyfriends birthday next week!

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo let me know if you do! Forgot to mention it serves and 8 and believe me that's pelenty for 8 lol xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh yum! Love cheesecake. You make it look so easy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is super easy no actual baking involved lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheesecake is totally my diet downfall!
    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so ridiculously yum. Cheesecake is my all time favourite dessert, and the fact that this one is loaded with chocolate digestives is a massive bonus! Nom, I bet your boyfriend loved it. I do know what you mean about it possibly being too chocolatey though (although I obviously haven't tasted it!), as I often find that to be the case with chocolate cheesecakes. I like to taste the flavour of the 'cheese' part without it being too overpowered by the chocolate. However, I still wouldn't be able to say no to a slice of this!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I make it I'll be making sure there is enough people to actually feed it to lol thanks for the comment :) xxx

      Delete