Wednesday 18 July 2012

Clean Machine

Hi guys

I like many I have been guilty of not washing my brushes often enough but since I started to take my skin care routine seriously I started taking my brush cleaning seriously. Now I'm sure there are many things involved in the fact my skin looks better then it ever has but I personally think that regularly cleaning my brushes has helped.

I have in the past purchased Mac Brush Cleaner but at £9.50 a go I now use good old Johnsons baby shampoo that I got from ASDA for £1.

I try to clean my brushes at least once a week, usually on a Sunday, making sure I clean every brush I've used even the mini ones in some of my sets.

Instantly I can feel and see the difference and I love how my Real Techniques stipperling brush becomes as good as new. And this is all you need, a sink, water, baby shampoo and your make up brushes.


Clean Machine
Clean and Shiney
I tend to squirt a small amount of baby shampoo into my palm, wet the end of my brush and rub them into the shampoo trying to be as gentle as I can but still making sure they get a good clean. One main tip I have is when cleaning make up brushes try and not get the top of the bristles wet as it can loosen the glue. And no one wants bristles on the face.

Squeaky Clean

Here's a before and after picture of my Real Techniques Stippering Brush

Foundation Coloured Bristles


Clean & White

I hope you already clean your make up brushes but this is the best way I found to clean mine. Do you have any tips of how you clean your brushes? 

Thanks for reading







8 comments:

  1. I've just done a post on this too but I use TCP and MAC brush cleanser! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought about TCP that's a good idea thanks :) xx

      Delete
  2. I either use snow fairy, I have enough stock..or the sanctuary hand soap..it's really gentle, leaves them clean, soft and I get no shedding!

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I've never heard of snow fairy I'll keep an eye out for it.

      Liz xxx

      Delete
  3. I am definitely guilty of not cleaning my brushes often enough - must start getting into the habit! I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo as well - it's perfect for cleaning brushes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I go through fazes with it but really need to get better at it xxx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the great tip about baby shampoo... such a bargain and cheap way of doing it! I really need to clean mine more often xx

    OutsideBEautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it I try very Sunday but it doesn't always happen xxx

      Delete