Wednesday 31 October 2012

Supermarket Sweep

Bonjou Friends

Some times an idea for a post literately smacks you in the face when your thinking about something else, anything else other then bloggin. This is one of those times I woke up this morning and simply knew what I wanted to do and what I wanted to include.

Here's the concept then, the big shop. I am literally the one who does all the big shops as the boy works Monday - Friday and I don't. You know what, the big shop always seems like a good idea until I get there and have to put up with screaming kids and old people who just stop dead in the middle of the isle no matter what they want. Hence almost every time I go I erm treat myself for the pain of having to go with a little something from the 'cosmetic' section.

You can find some amazing products in the supermarket you wouldn't normally think twice about and usually at the cheapest price to. I am not a Boots shopper yes shock horror if I do need anything nine times out of ten I literately go in grab what I want, pay obviously and leave, not much browsing no impulse buys I'm in and out. So most of the time I get the 'boring' products when I do the big shop i.e. dry shampoo, body wash maybe a cream.

This is what I have been buying recently and loving these are starting to become my staple items.

Supermarket must have skincare
The Next Time Your At The Checkout & You Hear The Beep.....

This is my newest little treat lets say. Its my birthday in about a month and I've almost ran out of my Clinque dramatically different moisturiser but didn't want to buy a new one as I'll probably get one so I thought I would pick up the plain old Nivea. Now looking at the prices a small pot of the original was £2.50 and then I spotted this Rich Regenerating Night Cream and to my surprise it was only £2.

Supermarket must have skincare, Nivea, Nivea Rich Regenerating Night Cream, Nivea Daily Essentials


A few nights in and I'm loving it! its really nice and rich and smells lovely even in the morning I could feel it on my skin. With the cold weather now in full flow its such a nice cream to use nightly after my Estee Lauder Night Repair.

Supermarket must have skincare, Nivea Lip Butter

Yep I'm jumping on the band wagon, my EOS has almost ran out and my new one wont be here for a few weeks and I spotted this new little lovely. It smells amazing to me it smells like sorbe and is very moisturising without being greasy like Vaseline can be.  

Supermarket must have skincare, Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter, Loreal Matt and Messy


The first of these is a Waitrose own Baby Bottom Butter that has come some sort of yummy mummy saviour and I love the products description and for £2.98 why not.

This rich moisturising cream has been made using only the purest ingredients, to sooth and protect your baby's skin. However, as many women have found, it can also be used on the face for a fresh, pampered complexion. The cream is enhanced with olive oil and chamomile, chosen for their nourishing properties, and also has a gentle vanilla fragrance to calm your baby.

I found this to be quite greasy but felt amazing, I put in on before bed and woke up with baby soft skin. The only down fall is I was worried it might bring me out in spots with it being so greasy so I only use it now and again when I'm in need of some serious moisture. 

Second is a new hair product from Loreal, the Matt & Messy spray. This is another replacement for a product I ran out of and decided to try something new without spending loads. I have to say this actually works better for me as a fixing spray then to spray into damp hair and towel dry. I use my wand to create some soft waves and spray this over to create a little bit of a matt look and hold.


Supermarket must have skincare, Dove Silky Nourishment with a shimmering glow, Original Sauce Shower Gel

The first product I simply love because its on offer at the moment for £1 in Asda and I've been stocking up on them. Any Original Source shower gel smells amazing and that's the main reason why I buy it, then hide it so the boy cant use it.

Second is a Dove body cream that had a very slight hint of glitter in it. Its called Dove Silky Nourishment with a shimmering glow. I actually love this for holidays when your tanned and just want a little bit extra. It is a nice moisturiser not to thick that absorbs quite quickly.  


Supermarket must have skincare, Sudocrem Review

Last but not least is the original miracle cream Sudocrem, I bought this a while ago in a sun burn emergency and found it helped clear my skin much quicker then some of the spot creams I've tried. It is an antiseptic healing cream that can look after Eczema, Minor Burns and Acne,
I usually use this a few times a month as an over night face mask but be warned it isn't pretty with a full white face and it can be quite messy.

What are your little supermarket treats? Do you use any of these products what do you think?

Thanks for reading 





 


2 comments:

  1. I have a weird thing about reaaally loving the cosmetics and beauty products aisles in supermarkets! I always love going there and throwing a load of things in the shopping trolley - like you with the shower gels and body lotions etc - the basics. I really enjoy shopping for that sort of thing though strangely.

    Also, I love the look of that Nivea lip balm.. I've never seen it before but going to keep my eyes peeled now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the Nivea lip butters!

    www.mysugarrushx.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete