Tuesday 19 June 2012

Chapter 3 Love...... From both sides.



Hi guys

I've recently re-found my love for reading and started devouring books at an astonishing rate so I think I'm going to start a book club on my page. Let me know if your interested and if I get enough interest I'll get it up  and running in a few weeks. Don't worry when I say book club I mean more of a forum where we can discuss books we're reading and recommend books to one another.

On my recent posts you may have seen that I've read all the 50 shades of grey books followed by the hunger games books. I think all six books took me about 4 weeks which means I obviously enjoyed them and was on the hunt for my next one.

After reading these types of books for a while, I mean thrillers and adventure not the erotic type. I decided a change of pace was necessary and go against my usual type of book and go for a romantic comedy. Now let me stress I am no way interested in most romantic comedies in the sense that I tend to hate anything that has soppy love story written all over it.

However this is what I ended up reading, Love......... From both sides by Nick Spalding.

Here's the back of the book to get a god overview of the story without me spoiling it.






Sometimes, the hardest part of finding love is keeping a straight face...

For Jamie Newman, being a single guy isn't proving to be much fun, especially when confronted with a sexually belligerent divorcee and a goddess so far out of his league she might as well be a different species. 
Mind you, being a girl in search of love isn't a bowl of cherries either. Just ask Laura McIntyre, who's recently contended with a horny estate agent on a quest for light relief and a rabid mountain bike enthusiast with a penchant for displaying his genitals. 
When Jamie and Laura bump into one another (quite literally) it looks like their luck may have changed - but sometimes finding the right person is only the start of your problems... 

Based on real-life tales of dating disaster and relationship blunders, Love... From Both Sides is a warts-and-all romantic comedy for everyone who knows how tricky (and occasionally ridiculous) the quest for love can be.


Now you know a book is funny when pictures this. I'm in the middle of chapter and the boy wants to go to sleep, ie lights out, but I am that kind of a person who will need to end the chapter as it feels wrong to leave it half way through. 
So not to disturb him and make a happy middle ground I took out my little book light and turned the other way so we are back to back. 
After a few minutes and I think he's a sleep he suddenly turns to look at me complaining the bed is shaking from me having silent fits of hysterics! and he can't sleep. To make matters worse since I'm already mid laughing fit the sight of his little face peering over me just cracks me up and I cant stop and then insist I read a chapter to him to explain why I'm in such a sate. As you can imagine he wasn't impressed and if I didn't stop I would be banished to the spare bed. I never did get to finish my chapter! 

The best thing about this book has got to be that it is literally written from both sides and has some ridiculously first date esc stories. It is definitely the kind of dry witty human that I love to have with my friends and I'm positive that you will find it as funny as I did. And the best thing about this book the lucky people including myself who own a kindle can own it for the very reasonable price of 99p.

To summaries this book, it has to be the funniest book ive ever read. It really is that cheesy line you hear from film reviews 'A laugh minute'

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

 










2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea! Book club all the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment maryam I'm going to get it up and running soon but I've started reading Jane eyre and I think it's going to take a while lol

      Liz. Xxx

      Delete