Saturday 16 June 2012

The Foundations Of Lancome

Hi guys

In my favourites page you will see how I love the Bobbi Brown Cream Foundation but last month when it ran out I decided to try something new. I was recommended the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 as aa good one for someone who has very dry skin but needs coverage like me.

Here's the sales patter....


Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24H offers more long-wear and comfort than any other foundation*. 

24h long-wear for endless perfection 

Following 8 years of research, Lancôme unveils its first 24h** wear foundation for lasting perfection. Teint Idole Ultra 24H remains retouch-free, providing a flawless looking, even complexion with a velvety-smooth, shine-free finish. 
24h of divine comfort** 
In perfect affinity with the skin, Teint Idole Ultra 24h is irresistibly comfortable. Its new, blendable and fresh texture is divine and leaves the complexion feeling smooth, velvety and matte with no powdery effect. 
18 shades available. 



Now don't let the name fool you this is actually a really good coverage and does last a good 12 hours plus but as I've never tried it for more I couldn't say if its 24 hours.

Lancome Idole Ultra 25h
Is it wrong to love this product for the packaging? I love how it looks expensive and I guess it is for a foundation at £27 RRP but worth every penny.

I did actually try this foundation before I bought it and got a rather large sample and my colour matched up before I took the plunge, and would recommend you to do this first!

I decided for you to get the best look of this foundation and how I think it perfectly matches my skin tone is by applying it only to half of my face. Ok I have put a little something on my brows and tickled my eyelashes with mascara as I'm too vain to look to much of a mess on pictures but other then that I'm bare on the left side with the foundation on the right.

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 35 Beige Dore

I have to say that my skin is in much better condition then usual but this foundation is amazing. It's light but has great coverage I don't have that make up feeling at all and have forgotten that I'm wearing it. I use my real techniques stipplerling brush to apply it, I haven't tried other ways as I loved this way straight off. I really think that it gives me a good coverage and evens my skin tone completely.

Since starting to use this I have actually stopped using a bronzer as I cant get over how even and clear my skin looks with it on. I would seriously recommend this to anyone and would tell you the next chance you get to go and get a sample and let me know what you think.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my review and this has helped if you are looking for a new foundation.

Thanks 






6 comments:

  1. My best friend swears by Lancôme but I haven't tried any of their products. I love a full coverage, long wearing foundation!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You defo have to try this they give such good samples to! They lasted me over a week. I'll be trying other products from Lancôme after payday.

      Thanks for your comment :)

      Liz xxx

      Delete
  2. I worked this promotion when it first came out and it really is good. I had to sit on a stand in front of the store matching people and doing their makeup, if they liked it they went to the counter for a sample or to buy. Everyone liked it, also comes in like 18 shades so you can even get dark skin.

    Blaaaaah I'm waffling. But I liked it anyways. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks hun it matches sooo well was worried it was to pale but it's perfect defo trying more Lancôme products

      Liz xxx

      Delete
  3. This is my all time fave foundation... I also wear the shade as you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is perfect can't get over how good it matches. Thanks for your comment

      Liz xxx

      Delete