Friday 8 June 2012

Chapter Two: The Hunger Games

Before we begin let me say that at this stage I haven't watched the film, strange I know as Ive read all the books but the day we went to watch it was the day that it finished in all cinemas near me. I have now got a long wait for it to come out on DVD and I'm actually excited about it and this is why.

I have defiantly been late with catching up to with these books but in a way I'm glad because if I had read them in sequence waiting for the next one the anticipation may have killed me

The story is in three parts,


The Hunger Games, Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she was forced to represent her district in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. But Katniss has been close to deather before-and survival, for her, its second nature. The Hunger Games is a searing novel set in a future with unsettling parallels to our present. Welcome to the deadliest reality TV show ever....


The is a fast paced book that gets live and kicking within the first two chapters. I was under the impression this book was on the same page as the twilight saga but oh no its something completely new. It looks like to will be all action but there is a really good 'human' story behind all that. I'm not sure the best way to describe the type of book this is but teenage reading seems a good label to use. Don't get me wrong when I was looking for something to read this was exactly what I needed, easy reading but gripping and exciting all in one. You will be fighting side by side with Katniss as she tries to survive making the right choice of who she can and can not trust.



Catching Fire, Katniss survived the Hunger Games. Now the Capitol wants revenge. Its payback time, and her chance of survival is even slimmer than ever.... After winning the brutal Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta have returned to District 12, hoping for a peaceful future. But their victory has caused rebellion to break out - and the Capitol has decided that someone must pay. As Katniss and Peeta are forced to visit the other districts on the Capitol's Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. Unless they can convince the world that they are still lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying. Then comes the cruellest twist: the contestants for the next Hunger Games are announced, and Katniss and Peeta are forces into the arena once more.....

The second book really does start to give you the feeling that its loosely based on the fall of civilisation and the rebuild after a civil war. All of this hints at things that have already happened in real life or scenarios that could easily be true looking into the future. But back to the actual story, you will fall in love with the characters, willing them along as they embark on their journey trying to foul everyone. The action only gets started half way through but its intense and has twists and turns you will never see coming.




Mockingjay, Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what's worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends, not the people of District 12.


The final book and the conclusion to the story, I really don't think this has left any room for another book which I'm glad of really it doesn't leave you hanging. This book is different to the first two as it focuses on the  human story much more and really shows the struggle of trauma on the characters. The pace is much slower but will have you feeling ever emotion that the characters feel, Suzanne Collins is great at making you feel a part of the story.

I really give all of these books a ten out of ten as each one is different then the next and keeps you guessing. I think my favourite had to be Catching Fire but only just. All three would be a great holiday read the only problem for me is I could read them all in a week their that addictive!

Please let me know if you read this books I don't think you'll be disappointed!
Thanks for reading!

Liz xxx



4 comments:

  1. I couldn't put these books down! When I read the first one I had to go out & purchase the next one straight away. It's very rare that a book can do that! I think they are a great series! I read them before I went to see the film & I'm glad I did. Looking forward to seeing what they do for the next film though! x

    missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.ul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I can't wait to watch the films! I just wish I had read them before the film came out and I could of watched the film instead of missing it lol

      Thanks for your comment
      Liz xxx

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen the film but have read all three of the books & love them!

    I read them all so quickly as I couldn't put it down!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I now need something else to be obsessed with

      Liz xxx

      Delete